The G.B. Paint Co. Pty. Ltd. was established in 1926 by the Goldby and Beach families in Wirths Park, Nolan Street, South Melbourne Victoria. Manufacturing high grade linseed oil based paints and varnishes for both architectural and industrial markets. With growth and expansion the company under the Goldby family relocated to a new manufacturing facility in North Road East Bentleigh Victoria in the mid 1950's.
In 1996, following a long and successful history in paint and coatings manufacture the Goldby family eventually retired from business. In early 2000 the company was successfully acquired by the GSB Chemical Company in West Heidleberg, furthering its expansion in the Chemical and Coatings industry in Australia. In April 2004 expansion and further growth in the company lead to the relocation to a new manufacturing facility and factory outlet located at Taunton Drive, Cheltenham Victoria.
Growth and success has been the formula in establishing one of the market leaders in paints and coatings, specialising in the area of corporate identity and sign writing paints. With over 75 years of expertise in manufacturing paint and associated products G.B. Paints are dedicated to working closely with our Customers. Exchanges of ideas and experiences together with suggestions for improvement and new product development from both sides is the ethos of our business.
The paint making recipes of 75 years ago have remained basically the same; however, Research and Development still remain our highest priority. As chemistry techniques and products have evolved so has the diversity of products that we are able to offer in today's market place.
Learn more about our Parent Company, GSB Chemicals and GB Paint's details and products.